Thursday 25 June 2009

Back at home

Well.. guess its time for me to update the blog with all the holiday pictures. We have tons of them and I just dont know where to start. There are too many breath taking and beautiful pictures and I dont know which one to post but will try my best. I decided to split it into places that we've been to not on what day we were there, I think its easier that way.


All in all, it was awesome holiday! Definitely the best vacation ever, even China failed to compete. Its just all worth it and we really had fun and enjoyed ourselves immensely. We have covered 4 places and stayed in 4 different hotel/service apartments. I am going to post pictures and commentary of each place and also commentaries on the hotels we stayed in. I dont think there is any complaints I wanted to mention, its such a smooth sailing and happy event.


New Zealand has so much to offer, and there was so much to see. 3 weeks definitely not enough to cover both islands but what we did was to go to top tourist destination in New Zealand. I think we did the right thing since these places have the best of what New Zealand can offer.


We went to Auckland and Rotorua of North Island. And we also went to Christchurch and Queenstown of South Island. And we have done so much, we went to visit few Museums, botanical gardens, weekend markets, mud pools and thermal activities, and have done lots of shopping we ended up paying NZD630 of excess baggage!


We tried skiing, which by the way was so much fun although I fell and hit my butt once on the ski slope. My girl and hubby enjoyed the activity very much and we did learn so much about skiing and how fun it was. Well, except for the ski boots which were so heavy and had to be tight on our feet when worn, its excruciating. But it has to be that way so that we could ski properly. Its the best experience ever!


Another first time experience was we went sailing at Auckland harbour. We never been on a boat and I was worried that I would get sea sick. But it went smoothly like a breeze. Although it was so very cold with the wind but we got to see the best of Auckland from the sea. The boat was called Ted Ashley and it was built in 1982 so it was rather unique to be on a sailing boat.


I will explain the place and activities as I post and move along so I better start with some of the pics. Till my next blog, bye.

No comments: