Thursday 25 June 2009

The Skiing, Coronet Peak New Zealand

This is so brave of us, esp for me who never even seen real snow before. We didnt expect ended up taking a ski lesson! We always see people skiing on tv and it looked so scary, only fit and athletic people could do it. But hey, now we did it too, it was not that bad. Well, I am not saying we got the hang of it like a pro but more to the fun of things, and of course, from a beginner's point of view.


We took the lesson at Coronet Peak, one of 3 ski resorts in Queenstown and the only one which was opened in mid June. The other two didnt open until later. It was so near to the town, at around 13 km. Although it was so near, the journey to the ski resort took about half and hour since the bus had to go slow due to the snow, the slippery road and travel upwards towards the mountain. But the view was so pretty, it was white all over. Its simply a feast for the eyes.


We decided to join a ski lesson for NZD128 per person excluding the jacket and pants. The lesson were for 3 hrs, one hr and a half in the morning and one hr and a half in the afternoon, and we could be at the ski slope all day, and we were there on the snow until around 4pm when it started getting dark. I didnt know it was so much fun, although I was struggling with the lesson and down on my butt so early in the lesson with the other fellow beginners looked on. How embrassing! We were just learning how to move our body down a flat area and I was already fell on my butt. I was tired and exhausted very early in the game too and ended up didnt join hubby for the afternoon lesson. But I am glad we did it for the fun of it, we ought to do it again the next time we are in NZ.










No comments: