Tuesday 22 January 2013

Central Market

Lets talk about this place we havent been in quite a while.  I cant remember when was the last time we were here, must be a few years back.  Long time ago although we went to KL almost every year.

We decided to pay this place a visit.  For reasons, one, to see how it looks like now.  And second, my dad asked us to look for some oitment he bought when we went to Langkawi last year.  He couldnt find it anywhere in Brunei and I doubt if we could find it in KL as well but we still wanted to give it a try.  By which we actually didnt find it here also!

Anyway, I was excited to give this place a visit.  I remembered the place vividly, stall like businesses in a concrete building.  It is also called Pasar Seni by the locals.  It is made especially for tourists I guess where they are traditional array of souvenirs, arts and handicrafts could be found here.  More
here to read if anybody interested :)

Anyway I enjoyed our visit here although we didnt buy alot of things.  And now on to some pictures of what I mean.



Hubby and I at the side of Central Market

The main entrance

Inside the central market

The Chinatown?

Some of the ladies apparels on sale

Baskets made of woods

Ladies accessories

Our daughter at the handbags stall

Some of the souvenirs

Empty bottles become art

Sea cucumber soaps

Honey

More "lorongs" to explore

Hubby was also taking some pictures

The food court

View from the 1st floor

Us on the 1st floor

The toilets which were quite unique, with this barrier in place

Time to go!

Actually there were more stalls outside

Our daughter looking at some freeze magnets
 

No comments: