Tuesday 24 January 2012

Epilogue

Well thats it.  The cronicles of our holiday to London and Paris.

Its been a great opportunity to be able to come to London and Paris and explore the interesting places. Although we were not able to see alot more than we had planned, it was still an awesome experience.


Before we went I had prepare a schedule, I am such a planner and I love to plan everything!  I always do this when we go on holiday so we could stick to plan and not at lost on where to go and see and waste time. Its some sort of a plan on where we wanted to go and which day or date. I researched all these places, checked the opening hours (if applicable), how to get there, which buses or which tubes to use, etc etc.

However, I think I was being too optimistic, I had this whole list of places to go and we only managed to go to about 11 out of 24 places on my list hehehe. Too ambitious....   But I guess its not too bad, considering the weather, fighting the jetlag and the shorter days.

The places we went to:

Kensington Garden
Trafalgar Square
Oxford Street
British Museum
Eiffel Tower (Paris)
Cruise on River Siene (Paris)
Galeria Lafayette, Boulevard Haussman (Paris)
Harrods Dept Store
British Museum
Buckingham Palace
Madame Taussauds

And these were the places on my list we didn’t get to see:

The London Toy and Model Museum
National Gallery
Winter Wonderland Hyde Park
The Louvre or Musee d 'Orsay (Paris)
Christmas Market (Paris)
Champ Elysees (Paris)
Piccadilly Circus
Tower of London
Big Ben
London Eye
River Thames
Covent Garden
Portobello Market

Emmm... maybe next time. Although we had so much fun but I don’t think its our best vacation ever. I was not well, the days were shorter (did I say that again? Maybe we shouldn’t go on holidays in winter lol, but I love cold weather, thats the reason we went in December)

If I were to rank London/Paris with the rest of our holidays, I think its on par with our holidays to New Zealand. But its a good experience nevertheless.

Next holiday is already in the works, yay....   March will be here soon enough.

No comments: