Tuesday 28 December 2010

Singapore Day 3 (Continued)

Our day 3 continued with a trip to Marina Bay Sands Singapore.  This is one of the places I wanted to visit.  I heard so much about this place and I really wanted to see it myself.  Its huge and gigantic.  What I like most about this place is the skypark.  The one hectare skypark sitting atop the three 55-storey hotel towers 200m above the city. I was hoping to see the garden but all we could see was the observatory deck, so I am a bit dissapointed. I know there was a swimming pool too but its only be used by the hotel guests so I wasnt expecting to experience that.

We arrived at the Bay at around 5pm, we purposely went there a bit later in the day so we could see the city transform into the night.  We took the MRT and went straight to the bay and there was already big crowds.  But no problem since the place was huge.  We wandered around for some time, taking lots of pictures.  But only me and hubby went up the skypark.  My brother and his family decided to stay on the ground and strolled around.  I guessed they were not that keen to be up there and spent SGD20 per person just to see the same skyline, just at 200metres lol.

It took us about 15minutes to go to the skypark.  Since we didnt know where it was we kind of missed the turning earlier when we first arrived, so we kind of missed it.  So we had to walked around the whole hotel and cut across to the skypark entrance.  And at this stage I was really so tired but I was just determined to go!

We went up at around 6.30pm and promised to met my brother at 7.30pm so we took about an hour to go, went up and back again.  We were at the skypark for about half an hour only.  Which I think was reasonable enough, we did manage to walk around the deck, listened to some music and observed the scenery.
Went back down again and met my brother, rest for a bit and its time to go back.  Whilst we were up at the skypark, while waiting for us, my brother and his family did some shopping and even bought a handphone haha.  So everyone was happy.
I told hubby I wanted to stay there one day hahaha.. just to experience the whole thing.



I just love this purple MRT train, this is the train we used to go to the Marina Bay Sands.
 

Marina Bay Sands from afar - from the nearest MRT station


I always wanted to see this hotel


Hubby enjoying the scenery at the Marina Bay


My brother was busy taking pictures

Enjoying the stroll.




Lovely photo of my brother and his family
 


We stumbled upon this lovely car


Entrance to the Marina Bay Sand Skypark


Look at this huge structure - picture taken right at the bottom of the skypark


Our tickets


Strolling around


Nice View


Picture taken from skypark 200metres above


The skyline from the skypark


Different view from the skypark


Hubby at the skypark


At a different angle


This is how the skypark looked like, quite narrow and a bit crowded when there were lots of people.


There was an observatory 1st floor!


Its getting dark and the view started to look amazing


Us


On the other side of the skypark we could see the Singapore flyer.


A singer entertaining the crowd


A memorable picture of us.


View of Singapore



When the night came and the city was lit up.


This picture should be up there but I am too lazy to move it hehe


Its now night time and we were back down on the ground!


Inside Marina Bay Sand shopping area


Marina Bay Sands at night


Happy people! lol


But definitely need a rest, arching feet at a vengence!


No comments: